FFGNR will combat Lantana in the reserve this weekend. Any assistance is appreciated and everybody is welcome. You can also consider bringing your garden worker along.
Date: Saturday 22 November 2014
Time: 08:00 – 11:00
Where: Meet @ Faerie Glen Nature Reserve main entrance
RSVP: Please e-mail or SMS if you plan on helping
Lantana is a thorny bush with rather thick stems. We cut the stems to the ground before applying herbicide. Bigger tools work better!
What to bring:
– Pruning shears / Snoeiskêr (large and/or small)
– Hand-saw / handsaag
– Gardening gloves
– Sun hat, old clothes (long sleeved) and closed shoes for working in the field
– Something to drink and eat while working
FFGNR will provide
– Herbicide and paint brushes
– Plastic gloves for working with herbicides