In celebration of World Wetlands Day (www.worldwetlandsday.org) all the Friends groups along the Moreleta Spruit will be conducting various activities on Saturday 7 February 2015. In Faerie Glen Nature Reserve we will be picking up rubbish and combatting invasive plants. See activity details below…
These photos that were taken on Sunday at the “bird hide” in Faerie Glen Nature Reserve shows some of the rubbish we will remove.
Date: Saturday 7 February 2015
Time: 08:00 – 11:00
Where: Meet @ Faerie Glen Nature Reserve main entrance
Who: Everybody is welcome!
RSVP: Please e-mail or SMS if you plan on helping!
What to bring:
– Pruning shears (large and/or small)
– Gardening gloves
– Sun hat / Sunscreen
– Old clothes
– Something to drink to keep hydrated
FFGNR will provide:
– Herbicide for invasive plants
– Plastic gloves for rubbish and/or herbicides
– Garden refuge bags for rubbish