We are pleased to announce that the Faerie Glen Nature Reserve will finally open its doors again on Monday 15 June. We have assisted CoT Nature Conservation to make this possible. There will however be strict protocol to be followed and a limit on the number of visitors as stipulated by CoT Nature Conservation. Please read the protocol to be followed carefully below:
PROTOCOL TO BE FOLLOWED WHEN FAERIE GLEN RESERVE OPENS FOR PUBLIC
RESERVE WILL ONLY BE OPEN FROM 07:00 – 17:00
- NO VISITS TO BIRD HIDES/NO PICNICS ALLOWED/BENCHES OFF LIMITS
- NO GROUP ACTIVITIES/EVENTS
- ALL OTHER RULES AND REGULATIONS OF FAERIE GLEN RESERVE MUST BE ADHERED TO
- Visitors must wear a mask when entering the parking area and entrance building. Masks may be removed during exercise, but be replaced when in proximity to other visitors.
- Physical distancing of 1,5 m must be adhered to.
- A maximum of 50 people will be allowed into the reserve at any given time
- 20 Vehicles will be allowed at one time in the parking lot
- The security official will scan ALL persons in a vehicle before the visitors enter the parking area. Any vehicle with a person with temperature of more than 380C will be asked to turn around
- The visitors must remember their temperature for recording on the COVID-19 visitors register
NO PERSON TO RECORD OWN DETAILS ON REGISTER (ONLY SECURITY OFFICIAL TO RECORD DETAILS – NO SIGNATURE REQUIRED)
- Security official must also record telephone number
- Membership cards and dog permits to be presented to security official and cashier at entrance building
- Visitors to remain in vehicles until the person controlling visitors indicates visitor to advance to pay point
- Hands of visitors will be sanitized before entering building. Visitors may use their own personal sanitizer if preferred.
- Only one person allowed in ablution facility at any time. Hands will be sanitized before entering the bathroom. Ablution to be wiped off with sanitizer after each person exits the bathroom
Please note that the Rietvlei Nature Reserve opened today and can therefore be visited over the weekend for those desperate to experience nature again.
(Cell: 072 275 0614)
Friends of the Faerie Glen Nature Reserve